Gift giving season is upon us! In the spirit of the season, we are sharing some of our favorite small shops for you to consider supporting this season. From clothing to beauty, home to food, we're highlighting some of favorite small businesses in our first ever holiday gift guide.
There are so many talented and kind small business owners who pour their hearts and souls into their work. We encourage you to shop small this season- it is more important than ever. Below is a list of businesses we've connected with and admire, for so many reasons.
Home + Decor
It's no secret we have a love for interiors. There are so many talented makers and artists, today we are sharing a well rounded group that make and sell items that are great for gifting and for creating a more inviting and comfortable home. Bonus points- every single one of these are women owned and badass moms.
- Swoon rugs sells thoughtful, one-of-a-kind pieces and vintage rugs for the home. Check out her website for the latest deals and promotions. We have a mini rug from her in our kids bathroom!
- Danielle Oakey sells beautiful handmade pillow covers and is a pro at pattern mixing. She offers free pillow recommendations when you send her photos of your sofa. Head to her website for Black Friday sale and details.
- 1820 Candle Co has the best scents and timeless packaging. These are a favorite gift item. Check out her website for sales and promotions. Our favorite scent is Indian Summer.
- Lauren Williams Art + Home creates fiber art, paintings, linen pillows and wool throw blankets. Items sell out in minutes so be sure to subscribe to her newsletter to get the exact time the collection goes live.
- Edgework Creative is dedicated to helping you build a home you love. We are offering so many discounts for all your home needs, even gifts! Be sure to check out our Black Friday flash sales on Instagram stories and sign up for our newsletter to get all our promo codes for the holiday season.
Fashion + Beauty
Whether you need a necklace, denim, a sweater, lipstick or fragrance, these shops have well curated, thoughtful and intentional gifts for anyone in your life. Independently owned and small boutiques in our community offer unique experiences and you're sure to get help from the owner themselves!
- Rowe is a contemporary women's boutique selling coats, accessories, clothing and more. Head to their website or follow them on Instagram for the latest on their holiday promotions.
- Fera represents brands that value sustainability and ethical practices. They not only specialize in denim, but hosts designer clothing, accessories and apothecary. To learn about their promotions sign up for their newsletter.
- Fine Feather Shop is a clean beauty and wellness shop. They are offering a gift card sale 11/16-11/18 and a gift with purchase of $195 over the black Friday weekend (available online + in store). Shop online and follow them on Instagram for more details.
- St Rose creates fine fragrances that are handcrafted with the highest quality and responsibly sourced ingredients that are good for you and good for the Earth. Shop online.
- BOHINDI is a handmade collection of intentional jewelry + self-care essentials for mindful living. Head to their website to shop online and find out about their promotions.
Have a bookwork in your life? Winter is the perfect time to light the fireplace and read a good book. The service at your local book store and the experience are far better than the online buying experience at Amazon. Both of these shops have gone above and beyond to track down books for us that they didn't carry! Also, is there any more soothing feeling than walking into a book store?
- Prologue Book Shop offers online shopping and in person shopping appointments for safe browsing. They are also hosting a virtual book club- the perfect way to spend the long winter ahead. Check them out online.
- Cover to Cover Children's Books has been in business for 40 years and is the oldest independent children's book store in the Midwest. Looking for the perfect books for Santa to leave in the stockings? Look no further. Check them out online.
Looking for a great and unique gift. Look no further than these two shops, both offering online shopping. These are our go to stores for stocking stuffers and gifts for friends and family. Snarky cocktail napkins and puzzles, apparel and home decor.
- Urban Sundry is a great store, with nice things sold by good people. Looking for a gift for a pet lover, your kids or the neighbor, you'll find something here! You can shop online or follow them on Instagram for the latest on their holiday promotions.
- Tigertree has unique finds, cool stuff and nice people. You're sure to find something for anyone on your list at this online only store. Everything from snarky political gifts to games for the kids. Visit them online and be sure to sign up for their newsletter for the latest promotions and exclusive discounts.
Food + Drink
Looking to stock your kitchen with the tastiest food and drink or looking for a gift for basically anyone on your list??? Might we suggest something to eat or drink. Aren't we all just eating and drinking our way through 2020??? We've never been sad about getting a bottle of gin from a friend or a snack for the evening.
- Watershed Distillery creates spirits that stand apart in quality and character. We are partial to their Gin, but don't let us stop you from getting one of their holiday gift sets from their bottle shop. Check them out online.
- North Country Charcuterie is family owned, specializing in handmade cured meats, sourcing from local farms. Check out their assortment of charcuterie kits online.
- Please also consider supporting local restaurants by shopping for gift cards or ordering carryout.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season! Shop small, shop with intention, send love and happiness.